The turkey has been stuffed (down your throat) and it’s time to pivot from Thanksgiving to Christmas. We have some great recommendations for medium- and full-bodied wines that are made right here in Sonoma County. They’ll stand up better to heartier, cool-weather food than the light wines of summer.
• Spann Vineyards – Malbec
• Kokomo Winery – Merlot
• Gundlach Bundschu Winery – Cabernet Franc
• Benziger Family Winery – Cabernet Sauvignon
• Ramey Wine Cellars – Syrah
• Cline Family Cellars – Cashmere Red (GSM)
• Seghesio Family Vineyards – Zinfandel
A nice light Rosé might keep you cool in the heat of the summer, but it’s probably not what you want on a cool winter night (sorry, Rosé all day crew). If you choose something that has more heft to it, you’ll be able to taste it when it’s paired with food that you actually warm up.