51 F
Sonoma
spot_img

Golf: The Joy Of Smashing A Tiny Ball Into The Stratosphere

It’s golfing season! Get outside in the fresh air and feel the joy of smashing a tiny ball into the stratosphere (followed inevitably by the frustration of trying to retrieve the ball from a Manzanita grove). Golf is great fun, provided that you either a) are really good at golf or b) have a good attitude. We’ve got some great courses around here that don’t require a membership. Get out there and hit the links. Maybe you’ll find a lifelong passion, or maybe you’ll just enjoy one of the few sports where you’re encouraged to drink and gamble mid-game.

Bennett Valley Golf Course

This 6500-yard golf course lies in the gorgeous hills of Santa Rosa. Prices start at $31 for 18 holes and go up from there depending on peak times. Bennett Valley is a great walking course with moderately difficult bunkers and narrow fairways.

Foxtail Golf Club

This newly renovated, large golf course runs through the residential backyards and restaurants of Rohnert Park. Foxtail offer over 36 holes and it is open to the public. Rates for Non-Residents start at $59 with discounts for Seniors, Juniors (under 17) and Twilight. The newly renovated sports bar awaits at the end of your game.

Windsor Golf Club

The Windsor’s par 72 championship course has hosted several PGA Nike Tour events. Its unique layout and four tee options provide the appropriate challenge for any skill level. Rates for the public start at $49 with discounts with Seniors (60+) $39, Juniors (<17) $13 and Twilight $35.

Rooster Run Golf Club

With picturesque willows and cottonwood trees lining the three creeks, Rooster Run’s 18 holes provide forgiving fairways lined with tricky and challenging traps. This Rohnert Park public course starts at $49 and $40 for Petaluma residents.

Golf is one of those weird games where you feel terrible about your performance literally 95% of the time – but the other 5% makes up for it. Try it out at one of our great local courses. Just remember: hold the club like it’s a live bird, concentrate on rhythm, and blame every single bad shot you make on something outside of your control. A bird. A sudden noise. Misaligned ley lines. The good shots? Those ones you own. It’s the one immutable rule of golf. Everything else is up for negotiation.

Vanessa
A Sonoma County native at heart. I graduated from SSU, my parents live in Windsor and I have nothing but true love for this area. Now a full-time mom (of two) and passionately working to make Wicked Sonoma your place to go for everything you want to know about Sonoma County.

Related Articles

- Advertisement -spot_img

Stay Connected

162FansLike
572FollowersFollow
3FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_img

DRIVING GUIDES

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.