Mother’s Day is just around the corner (it’s May 9th this year, if you’ve somehow forgotten). Maybe you took her out to lunch last time, or bought her flowers. If you’re looking for something new and exciting to do with her, check out these special events around Sonoma County.
Stroll Through a Rose Garden
Instead of bringing flowers to your mother, bring your mother to the flowers at Russian River Rose Company in Healdsburg. On their Mother’s Day Open Garden event, take a stroll with your mom through 650 varieties of roses.
The garden is open for Mother’s Day on May 8 – 9th from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. There is a $2 suggested donation.
Hang Out with the Peanuts
If you’re a fan of the Peanuts, be sure to pay a visit to the Charles M. Schultz Museum. The museum celebrates the life and work of the creator of the Peanuts with strip rotations, movies, and more. In honor of Mother’s Day, all mothers will receive free admission.
The museum is open 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. General admission is $12 for adults and $5 for youth (ages 4-18) and students.
Take Her to Brunch
There are several brunch events around Sonoma County. Here are just a few to check out.
- At Ramekin’s Mother’s Day Brunch, dine at the beautiful Spanish-style building located just a few blocks from the Sonoma Square. The event is from 10:00 am—2:00pm and admission is $69 for adults and $25 for children ages 6-12.
- Check out Evangeline, the French Creole bistro in Calistoga, for their special Mother’s Day brunch buffet. Come enjoy live music and a variety of dishes like buttermilk waffles and smoked salmon. There are dining slots at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 2:00 pm and general admission is $50.
Go on a Safari
If you want something a little more exotic than just brunch, check out Safari West’s Wild About Mom event. After a delicious champagne brunch, hit the safari on a bus trek tour.
You can choose different times and packages on their site. Admission starts at $108 for adults and $45 for children ages 4-12. Toddlers are free.
Go Wine Tasting
If you want to share the Sonoma County experience with your mom, take her wine tasting. There are many excellent wineries to visit, but here are just a few with special Mother’s Day events.
- Hook & Ladder Winery in Santa Rosa will be hosting a Mother’s day yoga event. Join a gentle 60 minute vinyasa yoga class under the beautiful trees, followed by a glass of rose and cookies from Cookie Take a Bite. Get your tickets here.
- Mother’s Day Vineyard Walk and Tasting at West Wines. Treat mom to a beautiful day of vines and wines – guided tours will being at 11am and 2pm. Boxed lunch and charcuterie boards will be available starting at $20. Make your reservation here.
- At Benzinger Family Winery in Glen Ellen, all mothers are offered free wine tasting in the Tasting Room. Come visit between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- At Imagery Estate Winery in Glen Ellen, moms are offered complementary wine tasting. Visit May 11-12th between 10:00 am and 5:30 pm.
- Combine brunching and wine tasting at Comstock Wines Mother’s Day Brunch. Enjoy a delicious brunch and wine with gorgeous views. The event is from 11:00 am—2:00 pm.