Mother’s Day is just around the corner (it’s May 8th this year, if you’ve somehow forgotten). Maybe you took her out to lunch last time, or bought her flowers. If you’re looking for something new and exciting to do with her, check out these special events around Sonoma County.
Stroll Through a Rose Garden
Instead of bringing flowers to your mother, bring your mother to the flowers at Russian River Rose Company in Healdsburg. On their Mother’s Day Open Garden event, take a stroll with your mom through 650 varieties of roses.
The garden is open for Mother’s Day on May 7 – 8th from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. There is a $2 suggested donation.
Hang Out with the Peanuts
If you’re a fan of the Peanuts, be sure to pay a visit to the Charles M. Schultz Museum. The museum celebrates the life and work of the creator of the Peanuts with strip rotations, movies, and more. In honor of Mother’s Day, all mothers will receive free admission.
The museum is open 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. General admission is $12 for adults and $5 for youth (ages 4-18) and students.
Take Her to Brunch
There are several brunch events around Sonoma County. Here are just a few to check out.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at the Inn, as in the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa. Indulge in a decadent menu with entrees like the Dungeness Crab Benedict, Pastrami Smoked Salmon or Grilled Lamb Rack. Sunday, May 8th – 10:30am to 2:30pm. Main Menu $110pp. Reserve your spot here.
- Mother’s Day Brunch in the Vineyard – Roche Winery & Vineyards is putting together an spectacular outdoor brunch overlooking their vineyard. There will be two seatings 10am and 12pm, main menu is $85pp. Spots are limited to reserve your here.
- Check out Evangeline, the French Creole bistro in Calistoga, for their special Mother’s Day brunch buffet. Come enjoy live music and a variety of dishes like buttermilk waffles and smoked salmon. Call or reserve your spot on OpenTable.
- John Ash & Co. is putting together a mother’s day brunch – Hog Island oysters, french onion soup, eggs benedict, duck confit has and much more awaits for you at this one of a kind brunch. Reservations are highly recommend, make yours here.
Go on a Safari
If you want something a little more exotic than just brunch, check out Safari West. Book a delicious lunch and then hit the safari on a bus trek tour.
You can choose different times and packages on their site. Admission starts at $108 for adults and $45 for children ages 4-12. Toddlers are free.
Go Wine Tasting
If you want to share the Sonoma County experience with your mom, take her wine tasting. There are many excellent wineries to visit, but here are just a few with special Mother’s Day events.
- Viansa Winery is hosting a Mother’s Day picnic – Treat mom to an afternoon picnic on top of the summit, with panoramic views of Sonoma Valley, and live music by Lara Louise. Tickets include a lawn spot for up to six guests and a bottle of wine. Get your ticket here.
- Tudor Rose English Tea Room is hosting Mother’s Day High Tea which promises to be fit for a queen. They will have high tea sets for adults and little ones. Reservations are highly recommended – get all the details and your name on the list here.
- Combine brunching and wine tasting at Comstock Wines Mother’s Day Brunch. Enjoy a delicious brunch and wine with gorgeous views. The event is from 11:00 am—2:00 pm.
Other Events Happening
- Mother’s Day Pancake Breakfast in Cloverdale – give mom a break and donate to the Kiwanis Club of Cloverdale all on the same day! All the details are here, it starts at 8am sharp.